The International Center
Welcoming the World to New York's Capital Region
The International Center, based in New York’s Capital of Albany, helps the Capital Region engage with the world and promote international understanding.
We serve an area that extends north to Plattsburgh, south to Westchester County, east to the borders of Vermont and Massachusetts and west to Syracuse. The International Center does this by:
- Serving as citizen diplomats by hosting international visitors and delegations, and promoting professional and cultural exchanges.
- Fostering education, awareness and advocacy about cultural diversity and global issues.
- Promoting the assets of the New York Capital Region to the global community.
- Offering shared services for international groups in the Capital Region.
The International Center of the Capital Region was chosen by the U.S. Department of State to create the American experience for more than 200 emerging opinion-shapers from around the globe this past year.
» Read More
October 24th, 2015
Guilded International Grocery Store Bus Tour
The International Center of the Capital Region, in collaboration with the Central Business Improvement District & “foodie” and YELP Ambassador Daniel Berman, will be sponsoring a fabulous guided bus tour of area international markets including:
- Rolf’s Pork Store
- Breakthrough West African Market
- Tay Vietnamese Market
- Chester’s Smokehouse
- Parivar Spices and Food
WorldQuest November 12th, 2015 Information
5:30 - 8:00 p.m. with more details to follow soon
As an affiliate member of the World Affairs Councils of America (WACA), the International Center of the Capital Region (ICCR) is happy to invite your school to participate in our first annual Regional Academic WorldQuest Competition. Our regional event is scheduled annually.
We'll see you for WorldQuest 2015!